Technology at Timber Lane
We know it can be challenging balancing students time online. These resources are designed to help parents navigate these conversations with students and equip parents with tools to support students in their digital learning.
Parent Technology Help Desk
To support families who are working with their children, Fairfax County Public Schools has a Parent Technology Help Desk. The number is 1-833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). It will be answered by staff 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. If the help desk is unable to solve the issue on the phone with the parent or guardian, they will enter a ticket on the parent's behalf and the request for help will be transferred to the appropriate FCPS team.
Resources for Parents
- Digital Citizenship for Families
- Digital Citizenship Student Curriculum
- Common Sense Media Digital Citizenship Curriculum
- Consejos sobre medios y tecnología para tu familia
Troubleshooting Tips for Students
- Technology Support for Families
- Troubleshooting Tips Document - This document allows students to view troubleshooting tips in multiple languages
Sometimes technology has glitches that can lead to some frustration, especially during distance learning. Here are some first steps to fixing technology before contacting the helpdesk.
- Restart your computer
- Try the application again
- Visit the FCPS Technology Support Page
- Call the help desk: 833-921-3277
As a reminder, should you need to come to the school for any technology need, you must have an appointment. Once a ticket has been generated, we will contact you to schedule a technology appointment with our Woodburn Tech Team.
How to Shut Down your Computer
Restart your computer at least once a week.
Meet Our Technology Team
- Technology Support Specialist